This Skyhawk Bicycle Engine Kit is covered by a limited liability warranty. Spooky Tooth Cycles (hereby known as “STC”) warranties that your Skyhawk Bicycle Engine will be free from defects in material and workmanship for 90 days from the date of purchase and that the remaining balance of the Kit Parts are to be free from defects in material and workmanship for 30 days from the date of purchase. This Limited Liability Warranty does not cover piston and/or cylinder seizures, stripped bolts, nuts, or studs under any circumstance. This Warranty does not apply if, in the judgement of STC, the product fails due to damage from shipment, handling, storage, accident, abuse or misuse, if it has been used or maintained in a manner not conforming to product’s instructions, or has been modified in any way.
Products that fail within the specified warranty period will be replaced by STC and sent to the end user with shipping paid for by STC. STC has final determination and say on what is to be covered under this Limited Liability Warranty.
This Limited Liability Warranty applies to the original end user and is not transferable to second owners. All warranty claims are to be handled through STC and are not the responsibility of the retail vendor from where the Skyhawk bicycle engine kit was purchased.
It is the end user’s responsibility to submit the following information to STC before a warranty claim is to be processed or granted. The buyer must present STC with:
1. A copy of the serial number affixed to the bicycle engine.
2. A copy of the receipt from the place of purchase. This receipt is to show the customer’s name, the place of purchase, the items purchased, and the date of purchase.
3. A digital picture of the damaged part that is to be warrantied. If the end user is not capable of providing a digital image, it is the end user’s responsibility to ship the damaged part to STC at the cost of the end user. STC is not responsible for monetary compensation of shipping costs on damaged goods sent to STC for inspection.
Additional exceptions and disclaimers not considered under warranty:
• Inability to install on bicycle
• Customer neglect
• Negligent installation
• Clutch adjustment and carburetor adjustment
• Worn clutch pads due to over slipping
• Failure to check all fasteners for tightness or related damage caused by end user
• Blown head gaskets due to failure to keep head bolts tight
• Blown exhaust gaskets due to failure to keep exhaust bolts tight
• Blown intake gaskets due to failure to keep intake manifold bolts tight
• Plugged gas line filter
• Spark plug wear
• Engine failures caused by improper gas/oil mix or improper break-in procedure are not considered for warranty. Evidence is scored piston walls or seized pistons.
• Damage done to property of others is not considered warranty.
• Shipping damage
• Operation of products in ways contrary to their intended use is considered abuse and is not covered by warranty.
• Use of NOS bottle boost power assist or other power assist systems voids engine warranty.
Customer has a responsibility to read the instruction manual and operation guide.
This warranty is not transferable, expressed or implied.
It is the end user’s responsibility to tighten all nuts and bolts on a constant and regular basis, to inspect all wearable parts and components for wear or fatigue, and to follow the maintenance guidelines and break-in procedures for motorized bicycles as described in our on-line Maintenance Manual located at http://www.spookytoothcycles.com/content/view/174/162/
The end user acknowledges and understands that it is the sole responsibility of the end user to ensure compliance with Federal, State and local statutes, codes, regulations, ordinances and other laws that may to the operation and use of the Goods. Neither STC nor the retail vendor of this Skyhawk Bicycle Engine Kit make any representation regarding the legal use and/or operation of this Skyhawk Bicycle Engine Kit.
Statements given by retail distributors or dealers of STC contrary to the above policy are not applicable.